Monday, February 1, 2010

Going in to week 3!

It's nearly 9pm and I'm exhausted!! In a good way! I'm entering my 3rd week at the Celebration of Fine Art in Scottsdale. Despite the colder weather and even rain, there has been great traffic at the show and success.

I'm very pleased to share that I've had some sales and added a dozen new clients to my mailing list who have shared an eager interest in my work. The Big Cats and Deer have especially been getting lots of attention, as much as my horses - which is fun because they are a passion I wanted to paint and people are responding to it, truly in the way I'd hoped. My Snow Leopard has been referred to as the "Mona Lisa" of cat paintings because the eyes follow you from every direction. I'm seeing the connection people have with the work; they admire the technical side, softness of brush strokes and playful color palette - but most importantly they love the story - these animals are "real" and speaking to them, which is that 4th wall I like to push and engage the mind. Very exciting stuff!

I was also introduced to a couple of new clients for another realm altogether: potential licensing - also very exciting. They were particularly interested in my water lillies. I have to say, the fella that introduced me - great guy. And everyone in this show has really made me feel welcome as a new artist. Like a big family.

With that, I'm signing off so I'm refreshed and rested! The time is flying, hope all is well in your world!
Until next time-
Happy Painting


No comments:

Post a Comment