Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Chapter of Happiness

Recently I saw an elderly couple on their copper Goldwing. What a sight; she was on the back grinning and they were both wearing matching orange T-shirts coordinating with the bike. No doubt her idea though he was happy to oblige. They were lost in their world; living in their own little chapter of happiness.

Ever feel like you're waiting for happiness only to discover later some of the best moments flew right by you? This journey through art for me, has been interludes of accomplishments and quiet reflection through even the most troubling times. I don't know if there will be a place that I arrive to and feel "there". The more I learn, the less I know, which opens up the heart to learn more. Truly, a never ending circle.

The pressure is on now more than ever; all this time I've handled another career on the side in graphics/advertising - to fuel my fine art. It was not a healthy climate; not only was my creativity extinguished, the boss was a dishonest tyrant....after 7 long years it has finally ended. Why did I stay? Why does anyone abused stay? You get used to it. It paid for art expenses, somehow no matter how bad things got, I felt if I deserted it, I'd also be deserting my dream.

Sometime in the past 2 weeks I altered that course, & decided I don't need to sacrifice to that degree - and the dream will still happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment