Friday, November 13, 2009

Small Works

Been busy with more painting; earlier this month I became a member of a local art league. It's very economical and you get on the mailing list of all their yearly events. 

I decided to enter their Holiday Small Works show; the submissions can only be "5 x 7" paintings and they exhibit for the entire month of December. My goodness, that is one tiny canvas!! Don't blink, you'll miss it! 

Since smaller paintings are more challenging to paint for me, I knew I couldn't over think it, just keep it simple. I really enjoyed the new color palette, they were very fun to do. 

In addition, I'm wrapping up a 30"x40" Equine painting for my aspen gallery, we leave next week to drop off inventory.
They sell my horses, but this year I'm giving them wildlife work as well; good way to test what response they'll have. 


No comments:

Post a Comment