Friday, October 30, 2009

I must be insane!!

Dear Deborah:
 
Thank you for your correspondence and your interest in our Gallery.   At the moment we are not seeking any new representation and are in a mode of trying to downsize the number of artists we represent.  
 
Currently we represent 32 artists full time, and in a perfect world I would prefer less allowing me to better promote the ones I have.  So, when I look at new artists work, I have to ask myself  “who would I take down that I have sold before, so that I can see if I can sell this new work, or new look in the gallery?” 
 

Your work is very good and I thank you again for letting me review it. 

This particular gallery above is in Texas. Like the others, I thanked him for his time and reviewing my works. This process lets me know I'm taking my work in the right direction. In such an economy, and the future uncertain, no doubt this is probably one of the hardest times many artists have experienced...

I have recently learned that 90% of the sales from my Aspen gallery, are for clients visiting from Texas, Florida, and the Eastern Upper states.....could I be any further away from my market? I think not! But it is time to get creative and visible in those places, the most economical way possible!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment