Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Holiday Greetings

I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday, New Year's is around the corner. I was fortunate enough to spend mine with family and put on a couple pounds due to some homemade butter cookies! LOTS of cookies.

I've been painting preparing for this show that begins in January:
http://www.celebrateart.com

It will be my first year exhibiting and I'm very excited. I was painting up till Christmas Eve, practically, still much to do. I'm working on a beautiful 40x30 Mountain Lion, the first of it's kind for me to do, the whole animal is in the frame and there's some more background in it than most. Halfway through I realized it was a snow scene, which I've been trying to avoid seeing we live in the desert and warm toned paintings sell better - but I just had to choose this piece because it was the most engaging story and the lighting blew the other options away. I hope others see it as I do. 

I have been sensitive to this economy and incorporated smaller sized works into my paintings, though everything I've read points to artists working larger, increasing their prices considerably, and having favorable responses because of it! I guess have a price that suits all, variety in sizes is the safest way to go here. And for those who like your work but can't afford an original, have some print options. Happy Painting and much success in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment