Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Commission exchanged for Advertising!


So sorry for the delay in my posting here, December is ALWAYS is the busiest month! Not only are we in the middle of holidays and birthdays, but this will be my 4th year exhibiting in an annual national juried show  - only 3 weeks left to paint and get ready!

Not that I haven't had time to paint all year, mind you, but it always seems the best ideas come later in the year....so if I had everything ready - I'd wind up changing things and still be as busy at this time. 

Back to the commission, my dear friend Evelyn invited me to hang my artwork in her Dr.'s office earlier this year. She'd not accept any portion of any sales; so I decided it'd be only right to paint something for her she could not refuse - a portrait of her beloved pet, Sara. Just finished her and delivered her today, Evelyn loves her! Trade is always a great business card and at the same time, you can give a friend something priceless.


No comments:

Post a Comment