Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Celebration Art Show is over; but not the celebration!


What a ride. 10 weeks, 7 days a week. You enter a buzzing tent full of energy and people. People from all over the country visiting, and 100 artists busy at work in their studios. Each day you face yourself, what angel or demon may be on your shoulder. How far a simple smile can get you. How much your smile can lift another. Facing the truth of what is in your control, and what is not.

The show is living a chapter of life; not only your own, but experiencing with new friends and peers at the show. You share everything from homemade cupcakes to dreams. Strengths and weaknesses. Triumphs and tragedies. A few friends lost dear ones this year; we hurt for their loss; and were reminded of our loved ones as well. Good time to reflect and put proper things in perspective. The show itself is living art.

Life does not stop because you're working overtime for a quarter of the year; it just folds itself right into it. Things become concentrated, more challenging. I recall a quote I once heard:
"If you want to hear God laugh, just tell Him your plans!" That ALWAYS brings a smile!

It's a time to have faith; be strong and accept, be open. It was magical every time I met a new person that connected with my work; how the animals "spoke" to them. One older gentleman said it brought tears to his eyes! And he had tears in his eyes. Those things really move me. These are truly the greatest rewards. This is about the journey - not the destination.

The seeds are planted, let time and opportunity let them manifest. Speaking of which, I will share 2 great artistic influences I have to thank for the latest "layer" of growth in my latest works. Bruce and Gunther. More of this direction to come! I'm attaching one for you here, completed on the last day of the show. A balance of abstract and realism:

The King II
48"x36" acrylic/oil on canvas

To my Celebration friends, safe travels and a prosperous 2010 year! Until next time,
Deborah

2 comments:

  1. Deborah, I think we may have met once or twice during the show. I tell you what I could not have expressed my feelings about the show any better.
    God Bless,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, this newbie is still getting to know everyone there! Thank you so much, what a kind comment you left me here.
    God Bless,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete