Sunday, January 10, 2010

Celebration of Fine Art 2010

I've been painting and preparing for this Annual, juried exhibition, check in is tomorrow at 10am! The rest of the week will not be glamorous; patching, painting the walls in the booth, installing carpet, lights...this set up is much more work than the previous show I'd been exhibiting at the past 3 years. They did all this work for you, but the walls were black and the only choice. Due to my financial circumstances changing, I had to take a good hard look at both exhibits, and truly, the new one I'm entering this year has a great advertising campaign promoting the show, it came down to that. These directors have ad placements in the top publications not only local, but regional & national. I'm so blown away and impressed! It's exciting.

It also is fun to be able to choose an appropriate wall color that suits best to complement your work, helps people envision it in their home. Took weeks just to decide the wall color! I needed something that went well with both the warm toned pieces as well as cool; ended up with a rich port wine. My good friend Sharon is coming to help out and share the adventure!

All the rest of the details to follow: finishing paintings, wiring them, creating price tags, prints. It all comes together in the end. I just finished the Mountain Lion; it took longer than I anticipated, causing delay in other new painting ideas I had for the show but those can be done during the exhibit, so we're in good shape. I'll post her on the website this week, after she's been photographed for Giclee prints for the Big Cat Rescue's.

celebrateart.com

Happy New Year,
Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment